Julie called today and our official date of meeting our daughter will be May 28th. I purchased tickets today using Delta's adoption fare. Kind of a pain since I spent 40 minutes on the phone then had to go to the airport and wait 45 minutes more. But, we have an open-end date and it was well worth the price to get back home. I know once we get permission to head home, I'll want to be home asap.
We leave the 26th to Bogota, spend the night and then head to Bucaramanga on Tuesday the 27th. Almost everything is ready for our visa submission. I just need Jay to sign his visa form...Hello? It's been a tad stressful the past week. Everything has come together on the adoption side but getting everything else ready takes a bit more work. The day to day stuff that you have to take care of while you are gone a month. Who's ever gone a month? A week or weekend here or there but a month? It's a lot of work!
Everything is coming together and I am excited to see how all this will play out. Jay and I have always enjoyed looking back on certain times in our lives where things were just out of control or not how we what we would have intended. You can see how the hand of God has moved in your life and see the good that came out of that situation. Take for instance this adoption, it's been a three year wait and I've lost my patience in the process so many times. Here we are getting ready to travel and I feel like I'm not ready yet. Like it's happening really fast! When in reality, we've been waiting years. But, during our wait God blessed us with so much of what we never expected. I wouldn't have been able to endure the wait without his gift and I think he knew that.
Onto our next precious gift of a baby girl :)...I had a thought the other day about how I was as a teen. (Mom, that thought was for you!) I'm a little scared. I know I was a good kid but eek..I'm nervous.
7 comments:
How exciting! Avi Luz is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see more pictures! We will be in Bogota when you pass through. I don't know if there will be time to meet but hopefully so. It sounds like you have everything under control and are on your way! Congratulations!
Traci
Hang in there! You are right, this month will fly by...but when you look back in time over the scope of all of this...it will be neat to see how the hand of God has moved!
We are praying and will be praying for you as you prepare to meet your little princess!
I am glad you all have a set travel date. That is very exciting. We have no word at all and no hope of hearing anything anytime soon. Our agency has no info for us, so we just keep waiting! Still praying for you all though!
Andrea
Congratulations! I know exactly what you mean, I had the SAME thought, how could this have taken three years and I'm still not ready????
Your daughter is beautiful and I know you'll love Bucaramanga. Please e-mail me if you have questions before you go or even while you're there.
Congratulations! Your daughter is so beautiful. We look forward to following your journey. Time really flies after they come home. We look at our daughter and we can't believe its been 2 years since we traveled to Colombia.
Wow, I didn't even know Delta HAS adoption fares. That's great. You are making great progress. We love reading along. You're in our prayers.
Dios te bendiga
May 11, 2008 - Response to May 7th Blog: For all of us, it can be (and was) somewhat intimidating and scary as we began to walk into the realm of the unknown. Having to trust when we could not see clearly. But God, in His wisdom and love for us, gave, & continues to give me & you the following encouragement: "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes". (John 6:34 The Message). We hold to that promise. Keep trusting in Him our Cole, each day, as it comes (the rewards are awesome!) We love you! Happy Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment