Saturday, May 24, 2008

Just a few nights left

Do you think anyone would notice?


Today was my last day watching my nieces and nephews before we leave to Colombia. I have to admit I got a little teary eyed when I dropped them off at my sister's work today. They would like to go with us and want to know exactly how long we will be gone. Even though they have no concept of time. This is the longest amount of time that I will have ever not seen them. Talk about missing these little guys! My sil, Ashley, claims this will be a second honeymoon for Jay and I. Hhmm. We will just have to see about that. :)
I have packed & re-packed mine & Avigail's bags. I have 1/3 of my house clean and hoping to finish up tomorrow. The plan is to stay at my grandma's on Sunday evening, since she will be keeping our dogs while we are in Colombia and Asher on Monday until DeeDee arrives from her travels that evening. DeeDee will be flying into AZ while we will probably be sitting in our room in Colombia. That seems so odd! :) Bag wise, we should be fine. The plan is to take one per adult, one for Avi and then a carry-on with our gifts. The only problem with me, is I tend to be a shoe horse. I have quite a few different types of tennis shoes that I rotate. I have to limit those. :) I really appreciate the advice everyone has given the past few days.
We have had beautiful weather the past few days. It was horrible early this week, I know my car said 110 degrees. Yesterday, it rained and rained and it brought cold front in. Kind of nice after the heat wave we already had. Not looking forward to that this summer at all!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Genece said...

Nicole,
Wow, you're now just days away! What was once a distant longing is about to become a dream come true! Sounds as if you've got a good grip on things so the days will fly by and you'll soon be holding that precious little baby girl! Packing was something we should have lightened. We lugged around so much unnecessary stuff on our trip there, but then we also were packing for 2 different climates. As far as packing tennis shoes (which I practically live in all year long here in Alaska), I rarely wore them while we were in Cucuta, and opted for sandals instead. And I agree with Karen's remarks about packing for the Bucaramanga weather and just bringing a nice rain jacket and sweatshirt, and maybe some slacks for the Bogota climate.

I'm really looking forward to your journey for so many reasons, but mainly because my kiddos tell me they have so many relatives from the area, yet they weren't raised there.

Praying for smooth preparations in your time leading up to traveling.
Genece