This is Zuetana, where we stayed last night. It's a B&B, pretty much for adoptive families. When we arrived last night, we had no idea where we were staying. I still didn't know even when we got here, I had to look at the note by the phone. It's really nice but we've had a problem with hot water. It's been cold or even colder. Breakfast was good. We had eggs, toast and juice. After breakfast we walked to the atm to get pesos since we only had about $40 in pesos last night. Spent almost all of it on the taxi here. I would suggest for those traveling just to bring a few snacks in case you are hungry when you arrive the first night. I usually do this when we travel but I was trying to travel light. We were hungry when we got here and they thankfully had some popcorn & other stuff in our room.
I need to pack up in just a few since we have to catch our flight in about an hour and a half. Lucia came by and dropped off our paperwork for our attorney in Bucaramanga. Looks like we are pretty much ready. I'll post again once we get settled in at our hotel in Bucaramanga. Hopefully, we won't have any internet problems there. It's my lifeline!
I keep having these moments where I still maybe in somewhat of a shock. I can't believe we are finally here. It's a wierd feeling. We still feel a bit unprepared even though we had a 3 year wait. The time from your referral to your travel date goes by so fast. Walking from the plane to the immigration line, I just kept looking at the people and thinking to myself this is my daughter's birth country. I want her to be so proud of where she came from. I am honored that they have entrusted us with her. How cool is it going to be having two countries that you can call your home?
Zuetana
View from the front patio at Zuetana




1 comment:
Oh, Nicole,
I am so happy and excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about your journey, meeting your daughter, and how you like B'manga!
I'm guessing you have a laptop with you? It's so nice b/c there is wireless internet at the Club . . . you can sit and blog by the pool! :)
Keep us posted!!
Post a Comment