The roads that connect the various parts of the city travel down the edges of the aforementioned flats and are fairly narrow. Picture in your mind any T.V. images you have ever seen of winding South American roads where a little car and a bus have to share one and one half lanes traveling in opposite directions. Sprinkle into the mix images of cliffside rainy season mud-slides and you'll have it! The good news for some of you waiting couples who may travel to Bucaramanga is that there is a lot of construction going on. For us this translated to some slight stop and go traffic but we were so involved in enjoying the sights and the company of our translator/facilitator Sra. Luz Estella that we did not even notice how much time we spent in the car (30-40 mins.?).
There is so much to tell. Nicole is telling me that I am probably boring all of you so I will leave you with this thought: tomorrow around 2 pm we will meet our Avi Luz who is now 10 months old but has been in our hearts and prayers for several years now. I feel like I already know her. I thank God for loving my wife and I so much that he not only sent us His Only Begotten Son, but has sent us a daughter too! Buenas Noches. Que Dios se bendiga.
Our drive down the mountain from the airport
The pool is unavailable because it is under renovations
This is the view from our balcony
This another one from our balcony.
Who can complain with views like these?





2 comments:
J and Cole, we're so excited for you! Our hearts are pounding so much, we can't imagine what you are going through. When you kiss her and hug her for the first time, oh, what a blessing! Tell her Aunt Ashley and Uncle Gator love her and can't wait to see her! Talk to you soon! Love!
It's 2:05 p.m. -Mississippi time! Means...you are so very close...only moments from meeting Princess Avigail!!!! I pray that all goes well and it is a beautiful moment for you all!
Love the pictures! It is beautiful there!
Post a Comment