Friday, May 9, 2008

Visa Issue

Hhhmm...where do I start? I overnight-ed our visa applications yesterday and they arrived this morning. It arrived there as scheduled and I thought great! Things are moving! The Colombian Consulate is only open until 12:30pm. I got a phone call at 12:28 pm today that we cannot mail in our request for visas. We have to come in person. I tried to explain that we live in Arizona and not in California. Doesn't matter. We have to come in person. Apparently, this is the only office in the US that requires this. I had to purchase tickets to fly to LA on Wednesday since the drive is 8 hours and my husband isn't into a road trip at this point in the game. Tickets less than week out...imagine the price tag on that. We have our phone interview with Julie on Tuesday morning.

To all of my friends who have emailed, I'm sorry I haven't replied. I will as soon as I get a chance. Have patience with me...we are a bit stressed. Was it like this for anyone else? I know once we get there it will be cake, right?

3 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Girl--don't worry about the emails! If it's anyone who's been on this journey before, they know and understand...

...and as for stress management, just look at the picture of that Princess in purple...she really takes your breath away! She's goregous and so much worth all the trouble and wait!

Hang in there, mujer! Praying for yall!

Dan and Karen said...

After you put that last suitcase in the car and head for the airport you can relax. There is nothing else you can do. :) All the hurry up and get ready will be a distant memory.
Enjoy the journey.

Jacq & Jason said...

Hey Nicole! We are praying for you. I know this is a busy time. It is kinda funny that we rush around so at the beginning and at the end but spend so much time in the middle just twiddling our thumbs :)
Good luck on Wed. Do you have to spend the night in LA or are you coming home Wed night? I guess it won't be too long of a flight. I think everyone has to understand how busy you are right now. :) Try to take a few minutes and soak it all in for memories...
Jacq