Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It gets better

We had to go outside because this was the only way we got to her to calm down. Poor baby was so upset! My heart just breaks for her. Funny thing. Avi Luz would cry everytime Jay would come near her. Apparently, her foster mother and her two daughters have been raising her. Jay was the first male and she wasn't having any of it.

But, he charmed her by singing to her and talking to her (in spanish of course). She kept touching his face and listening to him.

Does this look easy? Ha.Ha. Nothing was easy about getting her to sleep. She has a very strong personality and I don't think she cares for change very much at all. I noticed that she sucks her thumb. That is something she and I have in common. I bought her a new bubba and she seems to like it. She is teething like a maniac. Tears, tears and more tears. Julie said the first three days are the hardest and you want them to cry. It is indicative of emotional health. She seems very healthy!

She is so cute! I think my nephew Malachi, who is 4 months her junior, out weighs and is longer than her. I can't wait to dress her up. Oh! She's already had her first haircut! She has a ton of hair. You should see her one month pictures...we thought Asher had hair. Wait until he meets Avi.
By the way...she's ours now! We will have "integracion" on Tuesday at 2pm.Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Dan and Karen said...

She is beautiful! Hope all of you have a good first night together.

Genece said...

Awwwww, what an adorable little girl! She's the same age that Luis was when we were in Colombia. Your story brought back memories of how Luis would scream if my husband Rick even looked his way during those first few days. It took me falling ill for two whole days for him to warm up to his daddy (he had no other choice). Luis was teething terribly when we got him too so naturally that brought back the memories. Thanks for the description of the airport area because I think that's where my kiddos' relatives are from.

So glad to hear your family has one more very special addition! I absolutely love the sleeping pictures... just precious!

Genece

Jenice & Andres said...

Congratulations!!! Your baby girl is beautiful. We too are adopting from Colombia- were just approved by ICBF this March so we have a wait ahead of us but seeing your pictures today makes us excited with what the future will bring. Our site is "journeytoalexa.blogspot.com".
God Bless -
Jenice

Jennifer said...

She is absolutely adorable!! I'm so excited for you guys...anxiously awaiting more!

Jennifer

Erin said...

So cute and sweet! I'm sure she will settle and feel more comfortable soon.

Laura S said...

So cute! And yes the first 2-3 days are the hardest. The crying just means they were attached to their caregiver, which is a good thing. Congratulations to you all.

Beth said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations...oh she is so sweet. Love the pics and all the pink!

janine said...

They certainly do grow the hair in B'manga! That was probably our biggest shock when we met our kids . . . in the referral pictures, both boys' heads were shaved. When they walked in, we couldn't believe how much hair they had!!

Avi is so precious and I can't wait to hear more! Oh, and I just got an email from our friend, Gladys; she said she is not working at the Club right now (it's all in Spanish, so I will have to work a bit to translate it, but that was the general idea).

Are there any other Americans at the Club? We were the only ones when we were there . . . we met families from Norway, Spain, France, and Belgium, but no Americans! It was the same in Bogota, too . . . the only time we met an American family was at the Embassy! We were quite missing English by the time we got home!

Have fun and give that baby lots of hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys!!! She's beautiful!

Brian and Penny said...

She is so precious and I can't wait to see more pictures.
Congrats!

Penny