Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mothers Day


Jay and Asher bought me a new camera for Mother's Day. Jay was pretty excited about getting it for me. He wanted me to open it yesterday. I should start taking pictures again here very soon!

We actually spent the day caring for our border collie, Bill. I came home last night to find vomit in the bedrooms and on my bed. This continued throughout the night and this afternoon. I think he may have the stomach flu. Jay had to give him a subQ of electrolytes this afternoon. He just turned 10 years old this spring but he thinks he's still a puppy.

He was my first baby boy! He still let's me hold him like a baby. He thinks I am his stay at home mom since I'm home every day watching my nieces and nephews. Every time I would leave the house this past year, he would jump the fence and wait in the front yard until I got home. Here he is a few years ago hanging out with his baby.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Happy Mother's Day, Nicole!

Jennifer said...

Happy Mother's Day! I am so excited for you guys. When I read that you guys had a date, I figured you might not make it to Nashville. We'll definitely meet up when you visit, & I'll get to meet your new one as well :-) Good luck getting everything ready - it is crazy, but then you get on a plane and breathe a HUGE sigh of relief! Can't wait to follow your journey!

Jennifer

The Jensen Family said...

Can't wait to see you in Bogota! Hopefully we can meet each other. Just a few more weeks, and that 2+ year wait will be all worth it!

Traci

Jacq & Jason said...

I love your picture. We have a "baby" that does the same thing. Our Golden Retriever will break out of the fence so she can come sit on the front steps and wait. The problem is it lets the coon hound out who promtly takes off for the next county over :)
Have a great day!

The Eisenbergers said...

Hey! We got "the call" today! Hooray! Not a lot of details. Our caseworker said it would be a few days, but we do know that we are the proud parents-to-be of 3 boys (ages 6 and 4 year old twins)! I have no idea of when we will travel, but it is so exciting to know that parenthood is becoming a reality!

We will post details on our blog as they become available, but I knew you would want to know this tidbit!

Andrea