Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Drum roll please....Introducing....

Noemi Avigail Luz


Posted by Picasa


She was born August 4, 2007 in El Playon, Santander, Colombia. She has been living with her foster family since she was one month old. She likes toys that make sounds, bright colors, is active and dynamic. She enjoys the company of her peer group and adults. She easily interacts in her environment. She sleeps calmly. At night she sleeps from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. She also sleeps after her bath in the morning and takes a nap after lunch. Good thing since this family LOVES sleep! We already have a nickname for her (Avi Luz).


We faxed in our acceptance letter on Tuesday and are awaiting confirmation. Julie emailed us and said the director who needs to approve it will be out of town until Tuesday. Good thing since we are heading to Rocky Point, Mexico tomorrow until Tuesday. We requested to meet her on May 26th. We would fly to Bogota on May 24th stay the night and then head to Bucaramanga sometime after that. It may have to be the week after but I should know by next week. The only paperwork that we aren't up to date is our FBI fingerprints. We are praying that those move quickly but ultimately we know that God is in control. He gave us this gift and we know he is going to pull everything together in his timing. We are VERY blessed and cannot wait to meet her!

11 comments:

Elizabeth and Joe Chambers said...

Nicole--She is absolutely gorgeous and I love the nickname! What a lucky girl--she will definitely be loved and spoiled! Good luck with all of the preparations and enjoy your trip to Mexico! I'll be praying that you'll have an easy go with all the planning in the next month.

Sherri said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations! Praying everything comes together quickly so you can go get her soon. She sounds like a wonderful little girl!

God bless,
Sherri

Jennifer said...

She is truly beautiful!! I can't believe you are going to be traveling soon!! I look forward to following your journey...

Jennifer

Jacq & Jason said...

I have been checking your blog since Monday for a picture! She is so beautiful. I am so excited for you and your family. God is so good! The wait was worth it. We are praying for you every step of the way.
Jacq

Jacq & Jason said...

I have been checking your blog since Monday for a picture! She is so beautiful. I am so excited for you and your family. God is so good! The wait was worth it. We are praying for you every step of the way.
Jacq

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

Oh my! She is beautiful! Go pink! Congratulations! Can't wait to follow your journey! Yea, God!

Jenn said...

Okay, as much as I hate to echo the exact words of all the Yahoo girls before me...she is beautiful!!!! what gorgeous eyes! I'm so excited for you guys. :)

janine said...

Wow, Nicole, she is so amazing and beautiful! Shirley was with me when I was reading your blog (she LOVES babies) and she was ooh-ing and aah-ing the entire time, reading through her information. We also have a dear Mexican friend named Nohemi and Shirley liked that connection! She is always super-excited when she knows other kids from the Bucaramanga area are being adopted!

So excited for you . . . let me know if there is anything I can help you with re: B'manga!

love!

The Eisenbergers said...

Sorry I am so slow to post!!! She is so BEAUTIFUL!!! I cannot get over how gorgeous she is. Thank you for sharing her with all of us. Oh Nicole, she is too precious!

Andrea

Adelman said...

Avi Luz...que linda! Her routine sounds like Alejandra's! She is beautiful, gorgeous and I can't wait to hear when your official Encuentro day will be! It was a holiday on Thursday this week and then again on Monday next week. A lot of people took a very long weekend this weekend so things have slowed a bit. That is probably why you won't know anything until Tuesday.

Debi

D and Moni said...

She is a knockout! You are gonna have trouble when it comes to dating! :) What a blessing! I have been praying for you for a while now, so I know the Lord is guiding your steps! Congratulations! I will be following your journey to get her with great joy!
Monica