

It may look like we are lax in our duties of blogging but in our reality we are having serious problems with the fan on our laptop. This thing overheats and shuts down. Hasn't been fun.
This may be quick but I'll try to update it later on this evening. On Thursday we made it to the embassy and requested Avi's visa. Made it back to the hotel at lunch time and on the corner from our hotel is Houston's TexMex. We couldn't turn that down. For the first time since we've been gone, Jay finally got homesick. He misses eating mexican food. Who knew?
On Friday, we went for a walk around our hotel. To the parks and the little shops around our hotel. Came back to have lunch and then waited for David so he and Jay could go get Avi's visa. Just hung out here at the hotel for the rest of the evening. The family from Spain has been trying to get back home and goes to the airport everyday. They are finished after two weeks. I don't think I've mentioned it but for my (Nicole) family out there, he's Basque. In fact, his 10 year old daughter speaks and writes it. What a small world.
Oh and here's another small world instance...we went to the embassy on Thursday and while we were waiting we ran into our travel agent from Bucaramanga, Juan Pablo. Crazy.
It's Saturday and our friends from Germany are coming in this morning. We'll post later. Leaving Monday on our original scheduled flight. About that, FYI when we called Delta from here in Colombia they did not offer an upgrade or even suggest it. When I had my sil call from the states, they were ready to take my credit card.
1 comment:
Hey guys! It's been forever since i have had time to blogstalk, but I am so happy to see you'll be heading home on Monday! The homecoming is the most amazing feeling in the world and I can't wait for you to experience it. We do miss Colombia and it's beauty. It's shocking how rain can be so beautiful day after day in Bogota but somehow it manages, doesn't it? Anyway, I ready back through most of your blog--Cartegena, Santa Marta, etc.--sounds like an overall fantastic experience for you all! Best of luck coming home on Monday.
Traci
Post a Comment