I have to tell you, I am so behind on my google reader...88 unread posts! Aack! It may take me a few days but I hope to update this blog with pictures and a few posts of our time in Santa Marta.
Tia Ashley & Avi (below)
Avigail, Brisbynne & Reeghan (face getting squeezed)
Nicole, Asher & Avigail
On Friday, we all met in Cartagena to travel by bus to Santa Marta. First, let me put in a "gripe" or a word of warning about Spirit Airlines from my sister in law, Ashley. It was really bad...delays, service & prices. The flights may be inexpensive to get there but they get it in the long run. You have to pay for luggage, drinks (ie. water $3.00), etc. Nothing is free! Ashley tried to check her bags online a few days before and wasn't able to do anything online. She called Spirit on Wednesday and NOONE would answer the phones. I think she spent 2 hours on hold one day. Needless to say, that's how stressful the trip started out for them. In the end, they were scheduled to be in Cartagena at 12:20 pm but didn't arrive until after 2:30 pm. It worked out to our (Jay & Nicole) benefit because we arrived around 2ish. We were able to secure our bus and wait for them outside the glass (for what seemed forever!)
In regards to airlines, by the time Jay and I get home we will have traveled on 10 different planes. Three different airlines: Delta, Avianca & Aero Republica. I have to say that Aero Republica (aka Continental/Copa Airlines) were very nice to fly with. Lots of leg room and on time if not early!
Everyone arrived safely but our poor family was exhausted! They left Phoenix Thursday afternoon and were plane hoping for over 24 hours. The kids did great and as did the adults. We were of course all very excited to see eachother. Avigail warmed right up to everyone, as they did to her.
1 comment:
Your family certainly sounds travel savvy now.
Your pictures are so adorable!
Jennifer N.
Post a Comment