This morning we sold the farm by obtaining tickets, hotel and meal packet in Santa Marta. Jay had to go back down to the travel office this afternoon to finalize things. He was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of money we spent and when he came back he told Avi "He hopes she likes community college". I explained that we already were going to spend half for our hotel room even if we would have stayed. I'm the "budgeter" for the family and I have no control here. I left the other laptop with Quicken but I printed everything out before I left. See I have a little control but I don't trust the internet connection to view my accounts online since it isn't secure. Am I correct in that thinking?
We will be heading to Santa Marta on Friday and returning to Bucaramanga on Wednesday June 18th. Nice, long trip! I think it will break up our time in Colombia really nicely. We went to the pool on Saturday and the water was pretty cold. Club Campestre is doing a great job with the pool renovations. You should see how fast they are working. Maybe (fingers crossed) it will be ready by the time we get back.
This is David, he's 9 months old and will heading to Germany in the next week.
He and Avi are somewhat friends.
I didn't realize how small of a town Bucaramanga could be with 1 million people in it. I guess on one of our daily trips to the mall, someone recognized Avi and told her foster mother that she saw her. She said we seemed so nice but it just seems so weird. I'm going to be watching my back, making sure all my t's are crossed and i's dotted. Nah! Just kidding!
The people at Club Campestre are really kind people. In fact, Monday (against my better judgement) we caught a ride with some strangers! I know! We were on our way to the mall and someone recognized from the hotel and asked if wanted a ride to the mall. Jay wanted to but I said "Oh, no! We're fine. Gracias!" But on the way back that was a different story. It was raining and I didn't bring an umbrella. Because really, who needs an umbrella in Arizona? It's very rare to have one...I'm not talking to Brie, Ashley, Bobbie, Ama, etc. Ok, maybe it's just me who doesn't have one. I like the rain when it decides to visit. Anyways, back to my stranger danger, ride. We were about half way there and some teenagers offered us a ride. Since it was a holiday on Monday, they were staying at the hotel. We decided to get in because little Avi being sprinkled on and we didn't want to look like bad parents. I told Jay as we were getting in that if I die I'm going to hurt him. I don't really know how I would do this but I probably would find a way.
My mom made sure to tell me that if we did disappear, they wouldn't know where to look. Mom, if that wierds you out. Guess what I figured out! This might unnerve you, so shut your eyes. I think this goes back to my Krav Maga days, when I won't let myself be a victim to anyone (other than the car incident). I figured out that I can put my hand through the door and unlock the chain. Oooh. That's a little um...different.
The family's on Skype so we have to go! Love, Love, Love Skype!!!

4 comments:
I can't wait for Alejandra's hair to be as long as Avi's! When we give her a bath there is at least something to shampoo now...lol!
I hope you all have a wonderful time in Santa Marta. What a great mini-vacation to be on while you are there. It is so great that you get to see so much of Avi's birth country while you are there.
Keep the pictures of Avi coming....she is gorgeous!
I've been out of the loop for about a month now due to busy school days and summer school starting for me. But i just wanted to say that you look so happy and your little girl, Avi is just gorgeous! It's nice to hear you say that not much is going on...so there is some down time on the trip. Is Avigail the name you have given to her or was that her birth name? Either way, i just love it! It's so original sounding and yet familiar....i guess it's the English version of Abigail...it's really cute! Anyway, congratulations! I hope to keep up a little better now that life is settling into a new routine for me! I am really getting the itch to travel soon. We were approved Nov 05...so maybe in the next 6-8month?!?!
Monica
Love that adorable picture of little David and precious little Avi! Such cute babies!!!!
Can't wait to hear more about Santa Marta and your visit there! Sounds fun. We had thought about doing a trip to the coast while there but decided against it. Ours was suppose to be a very fast case, at least that's what they originally thought.
Hey, I can recommend Betty's Place for your Bogota stay as we were very budget-minded by the time we got the release back to Bogota. It's very similar in comparison to the other adoption hotels and is half their price. They took great care of us while there!
Have safe travels and loads of fun in Santa Marta.
Genece
I wish you the best on your trip home. My husband and I are starting to look into the adoption process. We are looking at Columbia and seeing your pictures helps us see what it is like there.
Post a Comment