I forgot to ask Julie if I can put the picture up. She is BEAUTIFUL! I'm not just saying that because I'm her mom. But, I hit the jackpot!
She was born on August 4, 2007, has super big brown eyes and doesn't have much hair. She ALREADY had her ears pierced so I don't have to go through that pain! I am faxing over a letter tonight with a request to meet her on May 26th. She is in Bucaramanga. Anyone with experience in that city, please let me know. My in-laws are planning to meet us there...maybe in Cartagena?? for a little vacation that we have all been waiting 3 years for. Spirit airlines has some really good deals!
I got "THE CALL" this morning at 7:55 am. They were aware it was my birthday and gave me our news. I didn't recognize the number so I was a bit dumbfounded, if you know what I mean? Marianne said Happy Birthday Nicole, we have a baby for you. I said, "A baby for me?, really?" I may have been half asleep, I don't know but it thru me for a loop. Of course I cried then cried more because I couldn't get a hold of my husband & there was NO WAY I was going to be able to keep this kind of news quiet. Finally was able to track him down & then pulled the "emergency" card. Poor guy. Who knows what was going thru his head. I think he had just gone to bed but he was so excited and laughed! In the mean time, he had to log in online so he could see her picture himself, I started calling everyone. You see, I come from a blended family and there are ALOT of people to call. But, I would call first then tell them to go check their email. I wanted to experience it with everyone individually!
J's gone until Wednesday but we were able to pull off getting our fingerprints done. I had mine done Friday at Ak-Chin & J had his done at the station down south. I overnighted them to WV but Julie said it should probably take about 3 weeks to get them back. Bummer. I also had some strings pulled and was able to get for a physical today with a totally different doctor (thanks to my grandmother, Ama!). J has his appointment on Thursday afternoon.
I'm kind of in shock...have a little headache but a REALLY BIG SMILE! Thank you to all of my blog friends out there! I love the "network" & the friendships we have! THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!!
7 comments:
WOO-HOO!! Congrats on your referral!! I can't wait to see her picture!! That is awesome!! If you still come to Nashville, you MUST bring the picture(S).
Jennifer
I am totally freaking out and really do feel like I am stalking your blog a little too much, but I was hoping you would post details. YAY! HOORAY! OH MY GOODNESS! And anything else I can think to shout at 11:00 PM EST. I am elated for you all. You have a daughter! That is amazing. After three years, you have a daughter. Asher is going to make the most amazing big brother. Congratulations! This is amazing!
Andrea
NICOLE!
YES, I'M SHOUTING!!
MY KIDS ARE FROM B'MANGA!!
LET'S CHAT SOON!
janine :)
p.s. SO HAPPY for you!!
Nicole...
Congratulations...will we see you here? Can't wait for pictures!
Debi
Has to be the best birthday every to learn of your beautiful, new child. It's funny how you long to hear the words that they have a child for you, and when they finally call and say them, it's hard to believe! Can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations!
Traci
Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! I cannot wait to see her beautiful face.
Wow, 2 years 9 months and 1 day behind you! And on your birthday, that's amazing! You must totally be overjoyed! I can hear it in your writing voice...feels like you could just jump off the paper(computer screen)! I am thrilled for you and can't wait to see her picture, I am sure she is just gorgeous! Following your journey to pick her up will be fun! Congratulations! I also love your bursting out pink blog! Very sweet!
Post a Comment