I heard back from Julie today. I know all of you blog stalkers who were approved after us will eat up the information. I know I always did and still do!
Question #1: Are they working on July?
They are on July 05. Julie just confirmed that with Lucia yesterday. But we were approved the end of July so we still have to be patient while they work their way down to us.
Question #2: How many CHI families are ahead of us?
One family whose dossier is already out in a regional office but only wants a girl so we are waiting for one, us and another family that were approved the same day as we were. We are almost to the very top of the CHI list!
I am very excited to know that they are actually working on July 05. It almost seems so weird to say that. From now until then I will be spring cleaning or should I call it "nesting"? Let's all pray that July goes by quickly! Not just for our benefit but for those of you who are in the remaining months of 2005. Let's get those babies home this year!
Here is a shout out to all the families who are traveling this month! Congratulations! Enjoy your new children and have fun for all of us!
8 comments:
Oh wow Nicole, that's great! I couldn't help but whisper a prayer that the other two CHI families are the only two ahead of you, but I know that's almost impossible. Get to spring cleaning, chickadee -gotta be ready when it's time to add you to the list of all the CHI families headed to Colombia in the next couple of months! :)
Oh...wow! This is so exciting Nicole. We will be watching your blog very closely!
Debi
good to know what's going on! i'm so glad they're finally on another month!!!
Nicole, I feel like I stalk your blog practically everyday. I am glad to hear that things are moving along. I am praying for you all that it will move even faster!!!
Andrea
Your referral will be here before ya know it...long awaited for and worth it all...can't wait to read the post when you get the call!
Thanks so much Nicole! I tried to use some pathetic, cute, "take care of us" photos of our dogs. I would love to have a house sitter as long as it is someone that we feel like we can really trust. It would be especially great because we also have a goldfish and several houseplants. I just don't want Sylvia and Baxter to end up in their crates for 23 out of 24 hours everyday for four to six weeks. That would be awful. They are way too social for that. Hopefully someone will feel compelled to step up and help out. Although, I am not really too worried, all the pieces seem to keep falling into place as far as what we have needed at every stage, so I know that God will work this one out too!
Andrea
Thank you so much Nicole! You have been the voice of reason for me today!! Our road to parenthood has been so long and so very rocky. When I got the email from our caseworker, I really had no reaction. Most people would be thrilled or at least somewhat excited to have news. I think my first thought was, "This will probably fall through." I want to be excited, but parenthood has been something that happens to everyone else and we just sit back and watch. Your comments of encouragement motivate me though! I really needed that. Thank you again!!
Andrea
Hey Nicole!
I am just trying to get caught up with all of my blog stalking and CHI yahoo group posts and realized you guys have a new blog and more news! Yeah! You are so close; it definitely will not be too long now! We are so looking forward to hearing more news in the coming days!
Post a Comment