Thursday, April 24, 2008

Soon.

To preface this entry, I don't have an assignment yet. You'll understand by the end of this post.


A little background info from the past few days. I decided to get our FBI fingerprints ready so that when we were told to get them updated, I would just mail them in. I started to panic because I can't find my original dossier packet info. I emailed Julie Tuesday evening asking if she could resend it.

Here we are today. My husband just left this morning for a week & I decided to check my email after he left. There in my email box was an email from Julie. She attached the file and then asked if our medical letter & FBI prints were updated because they are hoping to hear something "soon". I contacted our doctor and do you know they told me that physicals are like gold. (Hello, so are Colombian babies) They can't get us in until the 9th. Two weeks...that seems so far away. Then since my husband is out "horsing around" for the next week, I am unable to get fingerprints done. But, I had an idea! What if I sent the FP cards down south with a co-worker and they could do it at the station there? I called my husband, who at the time was answering his phone (note: since this conversation he has ceased to answer his phone), he said I could have the prints done at the station here in town. I mean printed out, no ink. Score! He just needs to make a few phone calls.

I emailed Julie letting her know my current dilemmas. I get back home this afternoon and I have not one, but two emails. One from Julie & one from our state rep...no pressure, right. Julie advises to get the prints out as soon as possible. Marianne, my state rep, said she heard from Julie and needed to make sure we had our home study & CIS paperwork current. Since she heard it was going to be very "soon". I replied back that everything was current and told what wasn't current i.e. medical letter/prints. She advised about FedEx vs USPS and asked contact number to call me when she has our news.

No pressure. Not like I'm going to Puerto Penasco next weekend for my birthday, my husband is gone, I can't get into the doctor until the 9th, having a garage sale tomorrow & Sat, trying to sell my car and I found a roach in my kitchen this morning. (Bug man is coming Tuesday). No pressure.

So, I leave you waiting "baby families" with a parting word:

soon.

7 comments:

The Eisenbergers said...

Oh Nicole! My heart continued to pound and pound as I read your email!! This is a good sign indeed! From what I have been told, being asked to update your paperwork is a big indicator of things to come. I am so excited for you! I think about your family all the time and how strange it is--this little adoption universe that we all have created on the web and how it has knit us together through being in the same boat. It will all come together! You will get everything done that you need to get done! I so hope that we get our referrals close together and that our paths will cross in Colombia!

Here is to hoping big!
Andrea

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth and Joe Chambers said...

wow--what amazing news today!!after hearing "something like six months" for us. . .it could really be this summer! take deep breaths and know that everything will work out!

elizabeth

Jenn said...

Stressful, yes, but I am seriously holding my breath over here. It's going to be REALLY soon... I am praying that all will fall into place for you. He has a way of doing that, you know. :)

Dios te bendiga!
jenn

janine said...

This is very exciting, Nicole! I'm thinking of you and praying for you! Can't wait to hear your updates!!

love!

John, Patty, Tiffany & Brian said...

I am so excited for you. I know how you feel about having things updated. We were in the same boat and everything worked out fine. We were told to start getting things updated and a week later, we had the referral for our son. Of course we needed updated medical letters and fingerprints. It was 2 weeks before my husband could get his medical but I was able to get mine right away. I never thought things would be done in time. Especially our fingerprints. Just a suggest but this is what we did. We called the FBI in West Virginia to explain the situation. The man was so nice and was able to get our fingerprints back within 4 days! Julie reassured us that everything would work out because she has done it over and over with other couples. She was right. Once you have that little one in you arms, you know all the paperwork stuff was well worth it. I will pray for a referral soon!

Jacq & Jason said...

I am freaking out with you as I read. SOON! What does that mean :) :) :) Tip on the physical- go to the health department. Bring adoption papers, ours does physcials for adoptions for free. Just make sure you tell them in advance that you need noterized letters that go with them. It took forever to convience ours to walk next door and have the signature noterized... go figure! I already go to your blog probably as obsessivelly as you go to your email. I can't wait to check July off the list!!!!!!
Jacq