Saturday, February 9, 2008

Preparing for Valentine's Day

For the past two days I have been helping my neices get ready for Valentine's Day. This year I talked them into making their own Valentine's vs store bought cards. We checked out the familyfun website and they had a bunch of really cute ideas! Jaden wanted the bee valentine and Lily wanted the crayon hearts. Lily went to her grandma's for the weekend but Jaden and I started both projects last night. They also requested pink rice crispie treats in the shape of hearts and strawberry muffins with a kiss in the middle. Needless to say, I am pretty excited about all these projects. Before kids, I really wasn't into holidays or birthdays...my mil has always told me it's about the kids. It really is about them. The excitement of the holiday along with the joy of giving to others. I'm really starting to get into this. This afternoon the kids left early and it was just Asher and I cutting hearts out. We were having fun! I love cooking and Asher shares that same love with me!

We went to Tucson this past Thursday for our CIS fingerprint appointment. We arrived on time and ended up being the first to get our fingerprints. In and out of there in about 10 minutes. Too bad it was 80+ miles each way but we stopped for breakfast and then had a long nap when we came home. The last couple times we went to have our fingerprints taken we were sent to Phx but apparently they are really busy up there and are farming out to the Tucson office.

My sil and I stopped at Kohl's tonight just to get out of the house. We love putting the kids in matching colors or clothes just for fun. We do this around Christmas time and have the kids portraits done. Well, most of their Christmas clothes are 80% off so we picked up outfits for next Christmas. The absolutely crazy thing is that I finally bought a few items for our Colombian baby. Don't get me wrong, I started this in the beginning but as the wait got longer I just lost the desire because I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Finally, I am seeing the light!!! I bought a girl's and a boy's outfit. I have no idea which one it will be but I'm getting ready. I can't wait until our referral because I have so many projects that I have put on hold. I want to decorate the guest bathroom with a kids theme but I don't want it to be too masculine if we have a girl. I don't want to decorate with any pinks if I have two boys. I'm waiting on getting Asher's bed because I want bunkbed's if we have two boys. Does anyone else see my dilema's? I know these are just little insignificant things but they keep my mind busy. I'm always looking ahead...that's one of my flaws. I've been trying to decide about our next adoption...domestic, international or embroyo. J's not really into the embroyo adoption but I'll keep planting that seed and we'll see if comes to fruitation at all. I just want to experience all types of adoptions...my joke is that I will write a book about the three types of adoptions. Now, don't anyone steal my idea!
I just feel like I have alot of information to offer about adoption. I was sold on it before we even thought about trying to have kids. For those who are wondering, they can't find anything medically wrong with either of us.

Asher was such a gift, I can't imagine what the next child is going to be like. I was just reading in the Word of Faith magazine the other day and there was an article about "Teaching Children About God's Affection for Them". The first few sentences really stood out to me..."God loves children. Children are just as important to Him as adults are. He assigns angels to them, and their angels are constantly reporting to God about them. (Matt. 18:10)". I know it's common sense in the first part but I don't know if I really thought about part about the angels. Just something that I have been thinking about.

No comments: