Thursday, February 21, 2008

Parade one...check

One parade down...one more to go. For some reason I thought the parade started at 8am. We left around 6am to bypass traffic and get a good spot. I stopped by McD's to get the kids breakfast while we waited for the parade to start. We found our spot at 8 am in front of a barrier and then were surrounded by tons of people. Did I mention that the parade didn't actually start until 9:30 and my husband was in the 400 group. Needless to say, the kids were VERY good! They were such troopers! We stood there for 3.5 hours. I did take the wagon, blankets, etc but we did have one 3 month old, two 2 year olds, a 3 year old and a 4 year old. My mil was also awesome because Asher wanted to be held the entire time and I had Malachi in the baby bjorn. My back and my feet were very tired. The parade had a ton of horses (beautiful ones) and a few bands but no floats. Hopefully the parade on Saturday will be a bit more colorful and a little more entertaining for the younger ones.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: