I have to tell you about this donut shop that I have been trying to get to for over a year. A year ago we went to visit J while he was teaching a class and he got me this bavarian cream donut from this bakery. It was heavenly!!! I have been craving another one for over a year but every time I've gone there they are sold out. Last week I finally figured it out...I woke up super early and arrived right when they opened. I bought a half dozen to share with my grandparents who also share my sweet tooth. Well, when I back this weekend and it was requested by my Ama (that's what I call my gma) that I bring more donuts back. I pre-ordered them this time and they were ready for me the day I left. Mmhhmmm good!!!
Funny story about Asher this past week. We stopped by Hallmark to buy a few cards because we have a lot of birthdays in the next few weeks. He really liked this pink stuffed dragon that flaps her wings. I ended up getting it for him and I got over the pink part because real men wear pink, right? Then yesterday we stopped at a hunting store to pick up a few things for dad. Inside to Asher's delight, there were mounts everywhere and he loves looking at them. He pretended to shoot the mounted animals. Saying, "I got it, mom" & " I got the deer". If you haven't guessed my husband enjoys hunting. Not necessarily with a gun, his choice is a bow. He actually shot a deer while he was in Sierra Vista last week. Deer season is officially over tomorrow. Yeah! Anywho, I realized he was getting in touch with his softer side when we bought the pink dragon and the next day he was all testosterone.
Our CIS fingerprint appointment paperwork was waiting for me when I arrived home yesterday. Our appointment is scheduled for next Thursday at 8am.
Here a few pictures from the past week. I can't believe how big he has gotten! Below you can see him and the dogs snuggling in the morning. Yes, he does sleep with me when dad's gone.
This was Asher and I in the local jail in Tombstone. I told him this was only jail that he was ever to see the inside of...and no, that is not a real man.
Here he is with dad and Jenny
This is my favorite picture...too bad there isn't a sunset!

No comments:
Post a Comment