Monday, August 18, 2008

Letter from President George W



Avi's official citizenship paperwork came in last Friday. I went down to the social security office this morning and applied for her social security card. We have our meeting set to sign the petition to adopt with our county in late September. We will go to court for our state re-adoption in November some time. She now has the paperwork that shows she is a citizenship. It was dated 8.8.08.


I started weening Avi off her bottle yesterday. She was almost addicted to it and if she saw would totally freak out. Full fledged fit. We also kept her on formula until we were out this past Sunday. She seems to be doing fine with it. Trying to get to use a sippy cup when she's sitting up has been a different story. Her hair is getting so long! I was looking through the pictures on our computer the other night from when we first met her. I can't believe how much she has changed just from a few months. We have her doctor's appointment on Thursday and I'll give you all the details.

Asher has been doing great with his potty training. Surprisingly it has been very easy. The first few days were rough when we were out in public because I forgot. He was in a pull-up then but now is in regular big boy underwear. I still use a diaper when he naps. That takes awhile and I don't want to put that pressure on him yet. I'm just thankful he's doing so well at it. He is such a big boy now! When we came back from Colombia, it was like he grew overnight. I guess it didn't help that his sister was this little petite thing. I mean here she is 15lbs soaking wet and he's 27lbs. I used to carry him everywhere and somehow my body favors the lighter one now. He is really good with his sister. The adjustment period for him has gone smoothly. It's all God! We've been talking about a brother or sister for a few years with him so he knew it was coming. When people stop by they tease they are going to take her with them. He always tells no, that they are not taking his baby. He has such a great imagination. He wants to play like he's the daddy and I'm "honey". It's cute, really makes me laugh!
Things are going better and I'm looking forward to fall. Cooler temperatures and the holidays. Can't wait to see what the rest of the year will bring!

2 comments:

Genece said...

Hearing how Asher responds to your friend who jokingly teases they're taking Avi with them reminds me of how Karen grew so protective over Luis after a friend responded how she'd fallen in love with Luis and was taking him home with her. Just a casual saying, no implied meaning, but Karen went berserk and was so worried somebody was going to take her baby brother away. Karen kept grabbing me and telling me to stop the lady and it really took me a few moments to catch on to her fears. I guess I had never given thought to innocent talk as that before and how it might impact my Colombian-raised children. Even now when Karen sees my friend, she hovers over her little brother all the while being protective.

Sherri said...

I cracked up at your comment because my vocabulary is mostly made up with the word "thingy" and others like that.

I love the pictures of Avi and Asher. She is so beautiful, and Asher's looking so grown up. I hope that things are going well with you. And I am glad Asher is such a good big brother - amazing how God works that out!