Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Four Months as a Family of Four!

Four months ago today we met Avi! Jay and I are still in a state of shock everyday when we think about where we this time last year and what we have now. The wait for her was almost grueling these past few years. In the time of waiting we thought we were ready and really we were not. I truly believe it's all in God's perfect timing. God knew what we needed and he provided.
I'm sorry I haven't kept this blog updated. I still read everyone else's blog but I feel like our day is pretty the same week after week. Avi had a doctor's appointment in late August. She grew a whopping 1 lb and grew 1 inch. Her hair has gotten so long in the past few months. She doesn't like it when I try to style it. She is saying a few words; Mama, Dada, NoNoNo, Hi & Hallelujah. She mimics the sounds that we make. She likes music and sings, dances and bops her head. She still has the brightest smile! Her teeth are so cute...like little white chicklets. Avi is pulling herself up onto everything and for some reason always gets stuck on the treadmill. She's crawling around like a mad woman. She's fast on the floor! Not really into walking yet but she'll stand on her own for a few seconds. Her appetite has grown and this girl likes to eat. Still has a love affair for yogurt and loves anything sweet except for fruit.
Asher's 3rd birthday is on Friday. Jay and I keep telling him he has to stay little. It's hard watching him grow up so fast. He is completely potty trained and likes to dress himself. Just the other day he picked out an outfit but had his shorts on backwards. He wears his cowboy boots with everything. Really, he loves shoes. My parents bought him a pair of light up shoes earlier this year. I had them buy a bigger size and I just pulled them out the other day. He wore them everywhere. He takes them off for bathing and sleeping. But, they are right next to the bed so when he wakes up there they are. He loves his dad and wants to do everything with him. One of his favorite games is that he pretends he is the "dad", Jay is "Asher" and I'm (Nicole) the "honey". Now how I got the "honey" name I'll never know. He pretends that he goes to work and he'll ask me if I want to go with him. He serenades me at night with "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", "ABC's" and "Happy Birthday To Me" with the same tune all the time as "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star". He knows what bad words are and calls everyone out on them. He prays out loud. With all the cousins we've started a family saying. After we get done praying, any type of prayer, at the end we all say "Amen, Hallelujah" and lift up our hands. It can get very loud needless to say. His favorite word right now is Booger Master. I know, not the best word but hey it's pretty cute. "I'm going to get you Booger Master". "Amen, Hallelujah Booger Master". That's how it goes. He has the sweetest little spirit!
Jay and I had to get rid of our horse in July only to find out that we had acquired three more. We have had a great time taking the kids out to visit the horses and ride. It was so cute the other night...if only I had my camera. Jay was on his horse and Asher was on another. The looked like twins from back. Asher has his mannerisms and acts alot like Jay. It's amazing how God works! Avi on the other hand does not care for grass or rocks on her feet. She loves the animals and likes to be outside just not like that.
I also joined a coop for fruits and vegetables. It's AWESOME! I didn't think I would like it but it's almost like having someone else shop for you. I get on allrecipes.com and find a recipe that works. Last week I made my first pie, Carmel Apple and it was delicious! I'm in love with baking right now. Last night I made banana bread and the night before it was snicker doodles. I've also picked back up on my exercising. My goal is to run a 5k this December. I'm 3 weeks into training and I really am enjoying it. Jay is planning on running a half marathon in January (too far for me). Now that we have kids, I really want to do things that we both enjoy together. We also want the kids to have a good outlook on their health and fitness.
We signed our petition to adopt Avigail last week. Our court date is scheduled for November 18th. We already received her social security card. Our first post placement visit should be coming up very soon. I know it was technically due today but the social worker and I have yet to schedule a date. I guess I need to call Julie to make sure that's ok.
We are heading up north to the ranch this weekend for round-up. I'm planning to visit with Asher's birth mother and meet his new brother. We really want to add more but want to wait a few more months before we make a decision. We looked into a couple different agencies and could apply now but I'm enjoying not having the stress of waiting for something to look forward to. I just want to enjoy what I have right now. Until my next posting...:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad things are going so great! The pie sounds yummie! Your kiddos are super cute! What a blessing your family is to those who wait impatiently- like me ;)!