Wednesday, August 13, 2008

San Diego Beach


We had quite a fast trip! We drove to San Diego after our family reunion on Sunday afternoon. What should have been an 8 hour drive from Sonoita, Az turned into a 10+ hour trip. We stopped in Yuma for coffee and ended up doing a little shopping but didn't get into SD until almost 11pm. My parents were down for the reunion and they wanted to do something extra special with the kids. So, Amache, G-Pa, Uncle Rhett, Tia Pia (+her 4 kiddos) and Me (Nicole +my two kids) = 2 suburbans on the road to Cali.
We spent ALL DAY Monday at Sea World and I still don't think we saw everything. Tuesday we headed to the beach for the afternoon and then hit the road at around 3ish. Stopped in Yuma for dinner, dropped the rents' off in Maricopa and we finally made it home by 11pm. It was a really, really fast trip!!! But, it was nice to spend time with everyone and just kinda kick back. I picked up a heck of a sunburn. For some reason, when the sun directs it rays at me, it's sizzle, sizzle, sizzle. You would think after spending the summer in Colombia my skin would be a little less sensitive. I mean, I live in Arizona...hello it's like 103 or higher.

Asher on the beach

Avi enjoying the sand

Malachi finding a moment or two to crashMarkel digging
Jaden and Avi

No comments: