While up at the ranch, Asher celebrated his 4th birthday. I started to get a little emotional on the way up. We drove that same route when we picked him up in Las Vegas. It was such an emotional "life event" for us, that I can't help but rethink everything on the drive up. Where have the four years gone?
Whenever we get the chance to get up there, we love to meet up with Asher's birth family. This time we were able to meet his aunt, uncle and a few cousins. We had a really nice visit. We only took up a couple presents, hoping to celebrate it with everyone else when we got back down. Once again, we still haven't done the real party. I'm thinking skip it and give the gifts at Christmas. Good idea, right?
I should ask my few blog readers this: How do you celebrate your child's birthdays? I don't like big parties or maybe it's just I don't like to plan them. I keep going back and forth with having a party for them both now. Just with the flu going around, I just don't want expose anymore than we have to. I'm not fearful, it's just that anything we have can pass to my grandparents. With my grandmother's copd, that's just not cool. Know what I mean??

1 comment:
We have usually done a simple family dinner (the birthday child gets to choose the menu) and then cake and gifts. With our older kids at about age 10 or so they started having a simple party or outing with a few friends too. With our boys the celebrating is stressful for them and so we have gone the simple route so far. I say go simple and give yourself a break!
I love the picture at the top of your blogpage. Their eyes are beautiful.
Karen
Post a Comment