Monday, December 15, 2008

Reindeer Run & Christmas fun

We've been busy with Christmas activities. Putting up lights outside, Christmas cookies, Santa and the electric light parade here in town. It was a really long parade this year. I was alone with 8 kids for about an hour. They really were good this year. I bought the kids a hot chocolate from Starbucks and then a huge bag of kettle corn. The local hospital gave out bags during the parade. It had a juice box, rice crispy treat, fruit snacks and a coloring book with crayons. Maybe that's why the kids were pretty calm. My niece Brisbynne was in the Girl Scout float below with my sil, Ashley.


The flash blinded her.

The kids watching the parade


This is Asher's baby goat. It's actually my 11 year old cousin's but Asher loved this goat's mama. If my cousin decided to take either the mother or this one to the sale then we'll buy it for him. They are just too cute!!


I decided to start running about three months ago. Jay has always ran and I wanted to do something with him that he enjoyed. My dad, Bill, is a serious runner. I remember as a kid going to his races with him. I want my children to be active and the only way I can do it is to be active myself. I've been involved in other things but running is free! Last weekend, I completed my first 5k. I had to go by myself because my nieces and nephews had the stomach flu. Jay volunteered to watch them for the morning. I almost didn't go but I'm glad I did. It was good that I did it by myself because this was for me.

This weekend we ran another 5k, the Reindeer Run. Jay and our good friends/neighbors ran it with us. It was a cold morning for us. I know most of you are used to snow and cold weather but we've had a pretty warm winter. The past few weeks have been cold and wet. Jay is a great guy because he pushed the kids during the race. I'm not there, yet. I think my jog is more of a wog. :)

After the race we went to Bass Pro Shops. They have a great Santa photo opportunity. I'll have to scan in the pictures from this year and last year. My kids are not into Santa. That's good thing, even though Asher really wants to go to the Santa store.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You guys have been busy! That goat looks like one I had, Star, when I was growing up.

The Jensen Family said...

Good for you to take time out to run for yourself! I know it's hard to convince ourselves that it's ok to do things alone, but we need the down time, too. Now, I just need to follow the same theory!

Traci