Sunday, January 18, 2009

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!

I'm sorry to say that I don't have many pictures from our Christmas celebrations. I decided to film most of it since it was Avi's first Christmas with our family. My mil, sil, and sister have enough pictures to make it up for me. Santa Clause came a whole day early since Daddy had to leave Christmas day for a detail at work. Detail meaning he had to camp at the border for the week. We had an AWESOME Christmas Eve. This was the first year Jay's had a whole day off in a couple years. On Christmas day, consisted of my dad's house, a really LONG nap and an evening at my in-laws.

Jay came home on New Year's Eve. Our neighbors came over and between the four of us we had tamales, flautas, rice and beans. We played the Wii until the ball was about to drop. I was a little sad about the new year. It just means my kids are going to bigger and older this year. Time goes by so fast!!


Avi got a stroller that she can push around the house from Santa. She is taking about 6 steps now so I think she will be walking in the next few months. This stroller has really helped her master her walking.

While dad was away, we had to do something fun. The weather has been just beautiful! I injured myself in December and I've been out of commission for awhile. We needed to get out of the house. The zoo was perfect! This was Avi's first trip and she loved it.

Tia, Jaden Ina & Avi
Jaden, Ash & Avi





The crew!
Tia, myself, nieces & nephews


Miss Avi Luz has a thing for crayola markers. I can always tell when she's found one.



She had another ear infection during Christmas. Didn't know until the screaming nights came. This was her second in a month. I've been trying to figure her out. When she's good, she's GOLD! She pushes the boundaries of my parenting skills. We're wondering if she is going through the terrific two's without being two. I've started reading the Strong Willed Child by James Dobson. Hoping I can glean something that will help us.. :) These are just a few instances lately that we are happily dealing with.
  • When it comes to medicine, I have to give her the syringe so she can do it by herself. If I don't it usually gets spit back at me.
  • When applying lotion, one must put a little in her hand (so she can eat it) or she cries the entire time.
  • If a family member comes to visit and doesn't pick her up right away or puts her down to see someone else, she then goes into a full fledged fit. (Seriously, it's bad. I haven't figured out what to do about his yet)
  • When going through a drive-thru she will throw a huge fit if she doesn't get anything. If I put milk in her cup while waiting, she then throws it on the floor. Why? Because she wants a cup with a straw.


Last weekend we went to Picacho Peak for a last minute picnic. My brother, his girlfriend and all the cousins went for a few hours. Again it was such a pretty day!!


The little hike to the children's cave



3 comments:

Erin said...

I love the giraffe pictures and the marker pictures :) Hey- I have a question for you and I can't find your e-mail address. Can you send me an e-mail and I'll reply with my question? My e-mail is deinghram @ gmail. com (no spaces). Thanx!

Sherri said...

Being a "trans-racial" family, I try to be PC on all the race things. However, I do think there is something to be said for a Colombian temper. Independent and spirited would be a more positive spin :). I thought I knew everything with Caleb, but Isaac has proved otherwise. I'm at the end of my parenting skills too! My friend just mentioned that book by Dobson, hope it helps, let me know!

PS - Sounds like you made the best of a less than optimal Christmas time without Jay!

The Jensen Family said...

Absolutely wonderful pictures! LOVED the marker pic eventhough I am sure that's fun to clean up. Sounds like Avi has that strong, female, Colombian personality like our daughter has. We'll be thankful for it someday. ; )

Traci