I was tagged by Erin & Jen to play a photo archive sort of game. I'll admit I was a little nervous, not knowing what picture I would have to post.
The rules...Find the 6th folder in your pictures directory and post the 6th photo in it.
- Go to your sixth picture folder then pick your sixth picture
- Pray that you remember the details
- Post in on your blog
- Tag 5 others, leave a comment to let them know they've been tagged.
This isn't the most flattering picture of me.. This is the day we met Asher! I'll never forget that day. It was October 6, 2005. We drove all day from our home in Arizona to Las Vegas, NV. I remember walking throughout the hospital trying to figure out where we needed to go. We met the social worker and she gave us our wrist bands. We were so nervous when we went into the nursery. Their were all these babies crying and we had no idea what ours looked like. The nurse wheeled him out and asked us if we knew how to change a diaper. She then had me show her. We were put in a tiny room (closet) that barely fit two rocking chairs and his bassinet. We took him out of his bassinet and held this beautiful baby boy. We prayed over him, & thanked God that we were given the opportunity to meet him. We were in absolute AWE of this incredible gift that God had given us. It was a BEAUTIFUL moment in mine and J's lives.
We then had to cut our visit short because there was a staff change. We went to dinner at Applebee's and then right back to the hospital to feed him. We left that night not knowing what the future held since the birth parents were signing over their rights the next day. The one thing we did know was that God was in control. We were at peace knowing that even if the birth parents changed their mind, this little boy had been prayed over and God would look after him.

4 comments:
I think you win the prize of the best picture, hopefully the others will have agreed! What an amazing moment, I'm glad I got to hear about it!
Awww...that's a cool photo story! How special!
On a side note: It's really fun to watch grown women play tag! I'm lovin' it!
What a round-up of beautiful moments relived! Asher is certainly a precious little one. What a sweet picture capturing that God-given blessing!
What an absolutely heart warming story. Thank you so much for sharing that special moment in your lives. I bet Asher likes to hear it time and time again. You guys were destined to be parents to these two beautiful children. How blessed you are.
Post a Comment