The past few weeks all the kids have either had a fever or a cold that includes cough and boogers. Oooohhh, yuck, I know! It just keeps getting passed around. I haven't made it to church because I feel bad about putting Avi in daycare. I don't want to expose other children to it because it's been really hard for all of us to shake it. On Sunday afternoon, I had cabin fever. I needed to get out and do something. So, we headed to the pumpkin patch with DeeDee, my mil. My sister, Tia Pia and her kiddos met us up there. We also ran into my nephew and my brother's girlfriend. Very small world because this pumpkin patch is 40 miles from our home. Ironic that we all showed up the day, at the same time.
This was our third year attending the pumpkin patch. It didn't change much from last year and when we arrived they had someone who volunteers to paint the kids faces. I told Asher he could get the pumpkin or the spider. His choices were limited since I'm not into ghosts or witches. Don't you know I gave him two choices and he picks a third. I didn't even see the bat but he did. That's the one he wanted and was really bummed it was paint and not a tattoo. (Note to self: explain that tattoos on the face are not an option). We then rode the train around the farm and we're able to see all the fun things to do. We had the favor of God all afternoon. Not that we don't have it all the time but it was a great afternoon. We were second in line at the train and the boys were able to ride right in the front. The rides had really long lines but we always got prime choice of what we wanted. Whether it was a plane ride, a bee or the train. It was perfect for our little guys!
The pumpkins at the pumpkin patch last night weren't much to write home about. I think it's because we waited too long to visit. Everything was picked over. I decided then just to visit the "local pumpkin lot" by the grocery store. They had a cute set up with a picture opportunity. Met my sister and sil (Ashley), with ALL the kids to purchase pumpkins and a photo-op.
Mala(cry), Lil, Jaden, Beans, Avi, Thatch, BroBro, Lita & Ash
Looking forward to Friday. We're taking the boys to the Phoenix Children's Museum with Jaden & Brisbynne's school. That evening we plan on doing one round around the block and then giving out candy at the house with all my nieces and nephews. I like the dressing up part of Halloween but I really don't like Halloween. There can be some scary costumes and decorations out there. On our block someone has a dummy hanging from the roof. Ash already knows (in his little spirit) that something isn't right with that. He'll tell me, "That's ugly, mom". We've really tried to teach him not to be fearful of things. He's really obedient about not looking at something if we ask him not to. Sometimes he'll do the same with us. He'll cover our eyes and tell us that it's ugly. We try not to use trigger words like scared. I don't like that word. Ok, a personal quirk of mine just showed itself...I'm going to bed. :)
3 comments:
I can tell by Asher's face he's disapointed it's not real, how funny! What cute pictures, I love pumpkin time and fall. But I'm not so into the ghosts and witches either. It must be having light in us that makes us shy away from it I think.
So cute . . . I think our boys would be great friends! They are really into Batman (and Spiderman) and I'm not exactly sure why?!
Such adorable kids you have!!
Wow! Avi is growing! And look at the curls! Beautiful! Both of them are beautiful!
Post a Comment