We had to take Avi to the pediatrician this morning. I think she picked up the awful parasite our last few days in Bogota. The only way I think she might have gotten it was when she was trying to drink her own bath water. I know, gross. I usually could figure out what it was that was bothering her stomach in Colombia and just switch her diet up. I have not been able to get it under control no matter what I've tried. Poor kid, has been waking up a few times at night during the past week. I don't know if mentioned in my last post but she kept waking up at night. I thought she wanted a bottle and I didn't want to get that started so I put a sippy cup with water in it in her bed at night. I think she's waking up because her stomach is upset because I usually have to change it a few times at night. She's lost almost a full pound. Don't get me wrong, she is still eating. One day I cut her off of baby food because I thought it might be too much fiber. I just gave her a bottle all day. Well, later that day I was eating a yogurt and she totally flipped out on me. She wanted to eat... I'll let you know as soon as we get our specimen in.
How do you know if your two year old has your camera? You find these great pictures through their eyes. You also find pictures of the toilet, dog, of yourself in underwear, etc. This was a picture that I thought was pretty cute. Asher's feet and dinosaurs. He really had a bunch of really cute one's. Thank God for digital cameras. Without it, I wouldn't have any film. I love the delete button.
We've had a pretty easy past few days. Last week consisted of us all getting used to each other again. The kids are doing very well but I'm not ready to head out into public with all of them like I did before. Maybe when Avi & Malachi are just a little bit older. We went out to Ama's (my grandmother's) house on Saturday morning. That was the first time I took all five kids out by myself. I will have six kids in a couple weeks. My niece has been in Maryland with her dad for the past month. It will be nice to have her around since she's 7 and really likes to help. Taking the kids to my Ama's house was a little taste of what's to come. My uncle, my cousin, my brothers and nephew were out there, also. Ended up being a full house.
On Saturday evening we went to a kids play here in town that my sister Brie invited us to. It was the Jungle Book and Asher loved it. He was so excited the entire time and exhibited many different expressions. It really was a cute play and now I know that he will sit through it. We ended up hitting Mimi's cafe for dinner after the play. Since it was so late in the evening, we stopped by dad's work and visited him there. Again, Asher and Avi did so good being up that late..11pm. Bad mom...I know.
Here is Asher upset because I wanted to take a picture of him. He had his power ranger cape on and was calling himself "Power Ranger Boy". He likes to get his sword and get the bad guys. He was telling a story to Jay the other night about how the angels have fiery swords. He said the Angels have their fiery swords and they fight alligators. They also protect "me, daddy, avi and you! "but not the boys they just dig in the dirt with their swords. He has quite the imagination these days.
We have a very busy week/end coming up in the next few days. My parents (Nicole) are flying in from Nashville for our family reunion this weekend. We are then driving to Sea World in San Diego for a few days. My parents, siblings and their children will be going. I am really excited because my mom bought the kids the Aquarium Guide from http://www.answersingenesis.org/. This is Asher's favorite book. It has huge pictures of types of life that lives in the sea. I know he is going to LOVE Sea World. I think we may celebrate Avi's birthday a week early since my parents will still be in town. Just immediate family since it can get big very quickly.
1 comment:
I am beyond relieved! The natives and the parents are all restless!!! I really hope that we can get to Bogotá this weekend. Thank you for following along and encouraging me!!!
Andrea
P.S. I am so glad that you are still posting now that you are home so that I can see what "real" life is like! Ha!
Post a Comment