Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back to the daily grind


Malachi, Jaden, Avi, Asher & Markel



Malachi (8 months) & Avi (11 months)


I was and am still having issues with my camera. It won't upload onto my computer so I finally realized I could remove the disk from the camera, put it into the scanner and upload it that way. It only took me a week but I still can't figure out what the deal is. I'll put some pictures in the past posts when I get a few free moments.

Well, it's felt like we had twins today. Everything seemed to be going well when they were napping. But, when they woke up...hhhmmm. Fun times. Apparently, I'm really going to have to get a schedule going. We really wanted to wait a few more weeks before we started watching the kids again but we changed our minds for a couple reasons. The main reason was to get Asher feeling back to normal again. His cousins are a big part of his life and while we were away he didn't see much of them. We wanted to get his schedule back on track. He's been asking if they were going to come over everyday. Second reason was for my nieces and nephews. My niece has been asking me when they are going to come back over. Apparently, they've missed us, too. No big deal, right? I did have six weeks off. Today is our first day back together.


Our first week home we've visited a few family members but really have stuck close to home. I kind of like I'm on house arrest! We took Avi to her first doctor's appointment last Thursday. She weighed 15lbs 10oz and seems very healthy. She had to get one shot but only cried for a second. Bravo, Avi! We have to take her in for a few blood tests but I think we will wait until the end of the month. Thursday evening she came down with a runny nose and a little fever. She still has the runny booger nose but seems better.


We decided to take them to the circus on Saturday night. I've taken Asher every year since he was born and I almost skipped it this year. It's so cool! But, Avi got sick. I don't mean a little sick but barfed all over me about 10 minutes after we arrived. A full bottle's worth of barf. The circus was in Tucson and that is about an hour away from our house. I didn't have an extra set of clothes for her or me. I had to sit and smell sour milk for the next two hours. Obviously, this has affected me because I keep talking about it. I've NEVER had that happen with Asher or any of my nieces or nephews. Now about her, I was a little worried that it might have been too much stimulation but she continued to vomit on the way home and then when we got home. I gave her a shower when we got home and put her to bed. She made it through the night without getting sick but I gave her some pedialite in the am and that came right back up. By mid-morning she was her regular self but I gave her pedialite for the rest of the day. No milk! Her system isn't used to our cold's and flu's. These are all new germs for her. So, for the next few weeks I'm going to keep close to home and only take her to our families homes. Nothing too much for our baby girl.


She is so little compared to our 8 month old nephew, Markel. He weighs 19lbs and he's 3 months younger than her. Today he ate 8 whole ounces and then a jar of baby food. I can't get her to eat half a jar or even 6 ounces in a sitting. He's huge!


She does not like the car seat, one bit! The sad thing is because she is so small, I think she may be facing backwards for awhile. Sorry, baby girl!


Jay started back to work on Sunday evening. Asher had a little bit of a hard time with that. I told him dad needed to work so that we go to the circus, buy him his new sword and so that mom could stay home. I then asked (which I never should have asked a 2 year old) if he would rather dad stay home and then mom could go to work. Well, needless to say he wanted me to get a job. Really, he wanted to get a job but I told him he needed to wait until he was at least 5. Right?


His new thing is to ask me what I'm doing. I'll then tell him and I'll ask what he's doing. He'll tell me "Watching you". It's so sweet! He's doing very well with his new sister. He bumped his bean the other day and started crying. Avi started crying right there with him. I told him, look she already loves you! He is such a great big brother! When I'm loosing my patience when she's crying, he'll go get the cereal box and tell me that she needs "O's". He's right! She has come to LOVE Cheerios's. Not plain but the fruit flavored o's. She likes to feed herself and wants nothing to do with baby food, unless it's fruit. Loves yogurt and spaghetti. We are all adjusting to each other pretty well considering all the changes in the past six weeks. We're having fun and I'm trying to take time for the little things with the kids. I can't believe I have two kids! It's a little surreal!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Looks like you have a full house!