The month of March started out pretty good but then got a bit bumpy towards the end. The flu hit us all this month but not the "fun" kind. Boogers, coughs, fevers...yuck! We did manage to do a few fun activities. I don't think I have mentioned it but we now have a horse of our own. Basically, it was a horse for J's work that has an injury and needed to be excessed from his job. I guess that is a nice way of saying that they needed to get rid of it. Basically, Cowboy can't take a lot of weight on his back because he has problem with his feet. Perfect for the kiddos since they are so light.
The horse hasn't been ridden in over a year. Needless to say, he's a little jumpy. Yeah, that's how I'll put it. My husband grew up around horses, I did a small stint of the horse thing when I was younger but didn't really get into it. J is an instructor for the horse patrol at work, so I get schooled on what to do. Now, my sil Ashley also has also jumped into this endeavor with me. We've had many a laughs at my expense. Let's see I was kicked in the thigh and that made the most beautiful half horse shoe mark on my leg. Who knew that would look so nice? Then last week, my lovely husband talked me into getting on him. Bareback. I was bucked off and I landed on my husband's head. Oh, and apparently I looked like the squirrel from Ice Age as he's falling. Other than a slightly sprained ankle, I know it could have been a lot worse. Fun times, I tell you.
I haven't heard anything about what month they are on regarding our adoption. This month has been a bit stressful and I have been waiting for a few things to come to fruition before I focus on that. I was really stressing about our taxes. J accidentally clicked something on the computer at work last summer and didn't realize that he stopped having federal/state taxes being deducted from his check. I thought something was up because he was getting these great checks but he said he hadn't changed anything. Needless to say, he did. I finally heard back today from the accountant and it's not that bad. I can afford what I need to pay. Thank you Jesus!!! I also need to sell my car because we have three and only need two. I know that is petty to pray for but I want to sell it before the adoption. Now that it's getting closer, I'm starting to feel the heat and trying to get stuff done. I'll probably wait until the next update comes out to see if Julie has heard anything. I am hoping to have a regional assignment by my birthday which is at the end of this month. That would be great since we submitted everything 3 years ago on the 26th of April.
I didn't hold true to my walking goal but I am going to try again this month. Also, I am shopping around for a new digital camera, any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment