Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Our new year has started out a little bumpy but I believe it's going to be a great year! Asher ended 07 with a fever. We took him on Monday to the doctor since the next few days the office was going to close. The pediatrician couldn't find anything wrong and said it was probably a cold. He slept all day Monday & Tuesday, wouldn't eat or really drink anything. His neck was really stiff and wasn't like himself at all! Called the doctor at midnight on the 1st since his fever was at 102 and she recommended that we take him to the er. She thought it could be spinal meningitis or strep. Little intimidating. Thank God it was strep! I can deal with that! He has been getting better slowly...his neck is still really stiff but it's getting better.

I am REALLY excited about the new year!! I really feel like this is going to be "THE" year for our Colombian adoption. I don't know when but I am at peace and not anxious at all. Promise.;) We were approved 7/27/05 and they have given a regional assignment to a 6/7/05 family. That is great news!! I still feel like it's a few months off, maybe spring/early summer for our assignment...:)

No comments: