Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tummy Talk


Ash & Kel

My nephew, Kel, has decided he wants to stay the night with us lately. I would say for the past few months. He's here 4 days a week during the day. Apparently, he's not getting enough of us. My nephew, "BroBro" is eight months older than Ash. Tonight's dinner conversation between the two was about body parts. I don't know how this got brought up but as I'm doing dishes I hear the following conversation.

BroBro: "I grew in my mommy's tummy" (repeats this a few times). Then he tells Ash that he grew in his mommy's tummy, too.

Ash: "No, I grew in Aunt Brie's tummy"

Me: "Who's tummy did you grow in?"

Ash: (Smiling, nodding his head up and down) "I grew in Aunt Brie's tummy"

Me: "No, baby. Remember you grew in "B" tummy. Remember "T's" mommy?

Ash: "Oh, yeah. OK"

Me: "You grew in "B"'s tummy but in my heart.

BroBro: "Who tummy did Chi grow in?"(his baby brother)

Me: "In P's tummy"

BroBro: "Who's tummy did I grow in?"

Me: "P's tummy"

BroBro: "Well who's tummy did AviLuz grow in?"

Me: "She grew in M's tummy"

BroBro: Ohhhhh.

Then I proceed to explain how girl's have babies that grow in their tummy's. But some girls don't have any babies grow in thier tummy's and that's ok. That's just the way that God made them. But, God made it so the babies would grow in the mommy's heart.

And that was it. No more questions. I called Jay and shared it with him. Really it was pretty funny because Ash somehow brought my sister in the picture. It may be because their names both start with "Br". Not sure. It was just cute and funny at the same time. After Avi's final hearing, my 5 year old niece wanted to know what her judge's name when she was born. Her mom then had to explain how she didn't have a judge. We really hope and believe that this is best for our kids. We want it just to be a natural progression of how our family came to be. I know Ash sees it because of how Avi came to the family. We are so blessed to have these unique children! We think if our lives would have went the other way...meaning fertile myrtle. We wouldn't have these two and that breaks my heart. I'm SO glad that God gave us these two wonderful children and we wouldn't change anything of how our family came to be.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Erin said...

Aww, how sweet! Good job with a tricky conversation. My boys don't ask many questions yet, but I know it's coming and I want it to be natural, too!

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister! Great explanation! Your kids are so cute!

The Jensen Family said...

Don't you just love the curiosities, innocence and perceptions. Adoption is a true gift in all hearts!

Traci