Today we celebrated my niece, Lily's birthday today. We headed out to the local volcano recreation area for some Luau fun! The weather was really beautiful compared to what it's been the past few days. We finally hit 100 degrees earlier this week. It was a nice 78 degrees with a light breeze. My sister is quite creative. She made the little clips for the girls' hair and painted walking sticks for the kids. We did a little hiking to the children's cave and on the nature trail. I'm including cactus in my last few pictures. These are called Jumping Cactus and they really do jump. The last picture shows the pieces of cholla that were everywhere along the trail. Eek! Thankfully there were no mishaps.
I wanted to take the time out to wish my very first niece Happy Birthday! I was in the room when she took her first breath. I remember it like it was yesterday. I have to admit that I've been in for all four of my sister's kids, two of my sister-in-law's babies and my best friend daughter. That's seven births! Can you believe that?
1 comment:
Looks like a lot of fun! Happy Birthday to Lily :). Today I decided 78 was my favorite temperature, but I can't be too jealous, it was in the 80s today when it should have been much colder! Sorry, I am an eastern girl, what's cholla?
Post a Comment