Saturday, May 8, 2010

Flood

I haven't gotten a chance to post about my parent's house in Nashville but the picture above explains it for me. They have been busy this week removing carpets, flooring, cabinets, drywall, crawl space, etc. Most of the families didn't carry flood insurance on their homes, my parents included. I used to work in insurance and when it comes to this kind of stuff, I'm seriously disgusted. Why would a person carry flood insurance when they don't live in a flood plain zone? My parent's church started a Flood Relief Fund, if anyone feels called to give. I know it's just "stuff". I can't imagine all the work involved to get these homes cleaned up and with only 36 hours before mold sets in. Please keep the TN flood victims in your prayers.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry. Keeping the families in my prayers. :(

Gwen said...

That is so sad and crazy that they have had that much rain. I hope they are digging out and getting everything back on track. I am praying for them and the others.

Hope you and your two cuties are well!

deanna willett said...

We will keep your parents in our thoughts and they try to clean up.